Monday, September 12, 2016

How To Hang A Witch by Adriana Mather

Salem, Massachusetts is the site of the infamous witch trials and the new home of Samantha Mather. Recently transplanted from New York City, Sam and her stepmother are not exactly welcomed with open arms. Sam is the descendant of Cotton Mather, one of the men responsible for those trials and almost immediately, she becomes the enemy of a group of girls who call themselves The Descendants. And guess who their ancestors were?
I cannot express how much I absolutely LOVED this book! My husband and I go to Salem every year, so any book that has anything to do with witches, I read. The writing is amazing! The descriptions that Adriana Mathers writes makes you feel as if you are there. This is supposed to be a spooky read, however, I didn't think that it was. I guess it may depend on your level and definition of spooky. Anywho...this book will keep you guessing as to who is doing what, and why. You start to think it's one person, then your mind reverts to someone else. Strange things surround Samantha Mathers, and the ending is a twist. Good writing! I wish there was more!!

No comments:

Post a Comment